is an American theater, film, and television actress. On Broadway, she has appeared in:
- 1776 - 1969, her Broadway debut as Martha Jefferson where she sang He Plays the Violin.
- Cats - 1982 where she won the Tony Award for outstanding achievement in the theatre that year for playing Grizzabella.
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood - 1985
- Carrie - 1988 - as Carrie's mother, in a famed musical disaster
- Sunset Boulevard - 1994 (Andrew Lloyd Webber's adaptation of the film) as Norma Desmond, the aging diva silent screen actress.
- Triumph of Love - 1997 with F. Murray Abraham and Christopher Sieber
Her best known television role is as Abby Bradford on Eight is Enough. Buckley is also known in New York City for offering master classes for students of musical comedy.
Note: This profile was written in or before 2005.
Betty Buckley Facts
|Mr. Monk Goes to the Theatre|